Saturday 15 February 2014

New drugstore beauty buys (oops)


Hello everyone! Ok, so I've been a little bad this week and bought a few new things to add to my ever growing collection of beauty products, but a girl can never have too much right?! Right, I'll start by telling you all exactly what it is that I've bought:

-Olay Anti-Wrinkle Primer 2in1
-Revlon Colorstay combination/oily skin in shade 150 Buff
-Revlon Highlighting Palette in shade 030 Bronze Glow 
-Maxfactor Excess Volume Mascara
-Gosh Growth Mascara
-Gosh Growth Serum
-Gosh Velvet Touch Lipstick in shade 155 Innocent
-Revlon Colorburst Lacquer Balm in shade 105 Demure Reservee
-Barry M Silk Polishes in shade Pearl and Meadow

Firstly, my absolute favourite items from this shop were the Revlon Highlighting Palette and the Gosh Growth Mascara. The Highlighting Palette is AMAZING, seriously, it comes out really dark so only a little goes a really long way, its such a lovely colour on the skin aswel.  The Gosh Mascara has such a lovely brush, i'ts got nice, thin bristles so it seperates lashes really well, I've only had it a few days so I can't review on the 'growth' part of it yet. 

Both of my new lip products I bought are so so nice, with the Gosh lippy just coming out on top a tiny bit, its such a gorgeous baby pink shade, usually a shade I never go for, but its so feminine and its not too Barbie like. The Revlon Lacquer is really good too, its got such a pretty shimmer to it, not usually my cup of tea but Revlon have definitely got it right. Whilst we're talking about Revlon i'll just drop in about the Colorstay Foundation, now I've only used it once because I only bought it today, but oh my god the coverage is just unreal, literally makes you look airbrushed, such a must have!!

The Maxfactor Excess Volume is perfect for a night out, it stays on soooo well, doesnt smudge or fade off, the only issue is that its ridiculously hard to scrub off at the end of the night, its so thick and just doesn't want to budge. However, it is definitely a really good mascara and both brushes are perfect.

The 2 worst products have to be the Barry M Silk polishes, they arent very strongly pigmented so you have to apply quite a few coats before reaching the desired colour, and once you've done that they take forever to dry. Mine took a whole hour to dry (well I thought they were dry) and then I had no more time to wait around for them to dry anymore so they ended up getting smudged :( boooo!

I've tried to keep this as short and sweet as possible because I didn't want to bore you to death with my rambling, I hope I've helped some of you out with what products to go buy from the drugstore! 
Jess x

15 comments:

  1. I'm gutted about the Barry M silk polishes :( I was hoping they'd be really nice as the pictures of them make them look so cute!

    jenniewren3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard wonders about the Revlon Highlighting Palette, can;t wait to try it myself! I'll definitely check out the other products you mention too :)
    Have an amazing day!
    http://sheseeksvictoria.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great haul! I love having a nosy at what other people have been buying :)
    Would you be able to do a full review on the Revlon Colour Stay and notify me when you have? I'm over on twitter @ddiraimo92 I know you've written a bit about it here but I'd love to hear all of your thoughts on it!
    danielascribbles.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool stuff! :)
    The Revlon Highlighting Palette looks gorgeous!

    Livia | allbeautyconfessions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh sucks about Barry M, I normally love their nail polishes x
    thegirlsnextdooruk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally need one of those Revlon colorbust balms!!!

    http://definitelymycupoftea.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love the Revlon Colourstay Foundation. It's definitely my favourite foundation in my collection.
    xx
    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
  8. shame about the Barry M polishes, will know to avoid the silk ones!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really wanted to try the Silk polishes, so this is a shame that they're not as good as they look! Great haul! xo

    Hannah | Glitter and Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
  10. Soooo you're going to a do a makeup tutorial soon, right? :)

    Quinn
    www.Desgettier.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the follow on bloglovin'! I've followed you back as I love your blog :)
    I love the Revlon foundation too and now you've made me want to buy the highlighter!

    Lauren xx

    http://www.yourlifeplaylist.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the Revlon ColorStay aswell, it just makes you look so flawaless. I am totally eyeing up that highlighter palette! xx
    Genna at Lipstick Crush

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds good ! I follow u on bloglovin ! XO Do you fllw back ?

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love that revlon highlighting palette. it's so amazing, great post! your blog is so pretty, i'm excited to follow Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This Revlon palette is so good! Check out my latest post at http://imogen-fleur.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/3-skin-products-i-am-excited-to-use.html

    ReplyDelete